First-time drivers and first-time car owners probably don’t know the various parts of an auto policy. That means they probably also don’t know why a full coverage policy makes for a smart choice. Premier Group Insurance of Lakewood, CO wants you to understand what auto policies can include, so you get the coverage you need.
To legally drive on US roads, you must carry valid auto insurance. Each state sets its own minimum requirements, so if you just moved from Texas or California to Colorado, know that the minimums differ.
Your bank might require gap insurance if you took out a loan to purchase your vehicle. It pays the difference between its value and what you owe on it.
- Collision insurance covers repairs to your vehicle if it becomes involved in an accident. You pay the deductible; the insurance pays the rest.
- Comprehensive insurance covers damage to a vehicle not caused by an accident. This includes the random tree limb or other objects falling on the car, natural hazards like hail or tornado, vandalism, and theft.
- Each state except New Hampshire requires you to carry liability insurance that covers bodily injury to another and property damage. This also pays for your legal bills if you’re found at fault for the accident.
- You can add to the medical protection provided with medical payments and personal injury protection insurance. It pays your medical costs and that of your passengers when an accident occurs. Sixteen states require this coverage, but contact us for a list of states that don’t offer it. It also pays funeral expenses.
- Finally, uninsured motorists insurance pays your medical bills if a motorist with no insurance causes an accident in which you’re involved, or you become the victim of a hit-and-run.
Visit Premier Group Insurance of Lakewood, CO to learn what types of auto insurance best benefit you. We can help you customize a policy to fit your precise needs.